Sunday, January 5, 2014

Pumpkin Prom

Our PTA holds the Pumpkin Prom (a father/daughter dance) every year for girls age 5 to 5th grade.  This was the first year we had heard about it since it was held at Sofia's school.  We debated if Jason would bring just Sofia or Sofia and Ali but we decided he would just bring Sofia.  I am all about fairness and while I know that life isn't fair I do strive for fairness as much as possible.  With that in mind I reasoned that if Jason brought Sofia this year and both of the girls next year and then just Ali the year after that then they would each have one father/daughter dance alone with Jason and one with him together.  It seemed the most fair way and that way they would each get solo time with their Daddy.

I took Sofia out to find an outfit for the dance.  I knew there was no way I was going to be able to find a dress that she would approve of and would fit her with out her help.  We headed to The Children's Place since I knew there were dresses there.  I was fortunate in that Sofia liked a couple of the dresses so she tried them on and then added shoes to the outfit and we had a winner.  It was all very easy!  She was excited to get home and show her Dad what she was going to wear.

The night of the dance was so cute.  Sofia was so excited to go and Jason was clearly happy as well.  It is so nice to see those Daddy/daughter bonding moments.  The girls both really adore Jason.  We took some pictures inside and outside before sending them on their way.  Jason told me they had a great time and danced most of the night.  They arrived home happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment