Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Running with my girls

We have had a pretty easy winter for running which has been nice.  Ali had asked a few times to run with me but it just hadn't worked out.  We finally had a weekend when we were not driving north to ski and the weather was absolutely glorious for running so we had breakfast and then I asked the girls if they wanted to run.  They were hesitant at first which I didn't blame them since relaxing on a Saturday morning is great too but I eventually convinced them to run with me.  It was such an awesome run.  We ended up running 1.8 miles (2.9km) and the kids did great.  They ran single file with me on the outside of them and they would occasionally switch positions as to who was in front.  There was no arguing about who was in front it was just something they worked out themselves and it was seamless.  We had such a nice time chatting during the entire run.  It was a great way to kick off a weekend.  I look forward to running with them this spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment