Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Crazy June

June has been crazy!  I read a very funny blog post  HERE. It gave me a good laugh and made me feel not quite so inept.  I figure it gave me a free ride to slack on my blog as well. HAHA.  Anyway, here we go....

Bee Model - Why do kids have to build a model as a project?  Couldn't they just draw a bee and label it?  What about good old fashion memorization?  Oh well...as in the blog above I am the daily grind and Jason is the project person.  He enjoys the projects and really has fun with the kids putting the projects together.  He allows the kids to really do the project.  I on the other hand, hate projects and when I have to be involved my only goal is to get it done as fast as possible.  I recognize that that is not always in line with the kids learning so Jason does the projects.  Sofia has to make a model of a bee.  I bought the craft items that Jason listed and then washed my hands of it until the last moment when the glue gun was required.  As Jason had never used a glue gun I figured I would be helpful and take on the 3rd degree burn on my finger instead!  Don't worry Sofia had an awesome bee and my finger is almost healed 3 weeks later!

Water Slide - We haven't had a ton of nice days this June but when we had a nice sunny day the girls made the best of it.  The kids can really have fun doing anything and I'm always so happy when I see their imaginations as work.  They really love playing with the hose and under Jason's supervision they decided to make a water slide.  I decided to see where it led.  Fortunately no one got hurt but gotta love the dangers of a red-neck slide.





No comments:

Post a Comment