Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Pro Sports Games

The town soccer gets tickets for the New England Revolution but we had never gone.  This summer we decided to go to a game.  It was fun to go and sit with people from our town and it was fun for all of us to see our first professional soccer game.  The Revolution play at Gilette so the girls and I had our first trip to the stadium.  I must say the field looks much bigger on tv then it does in person.  We had the perfect weather for the soccer game and the girls had fun between watching the game and hanging out with their friends.

For Father's Day I decided to get tickets for the Paw Sox.  The girls had their change to go to their first professional baseball game.  I haven't been to McCoy Stadium since I was a kid but it really is a lot of fun.  The park is small and all the seats are good so the girls really had a nice view of the field.  I was very watchful as I remember my friend getting hit in the eye with a ball when we were kids so I kept reminding the girls to watching the ball.  I was thinking of ways to have the girls focus on the hitter and started to discuss how most players do something every time they hit.  Sofia was very quick to pick up on it and was quicker than me to pick up on one of the players.  She thought it was funny that they do it so it kept her interested.  Just at the end of the game a ball came our way.  Fortunately for us but unfortunately for the lady two seats down, the ball hit her in the eye! The upside is that the kids will definitely listen when I tell them to keep their eye on the ball now.  Even with the rather tough ending we all had a great night at the ball park.


No comments:

Post a Comment