Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Sporting Activities

Not only did we see professional sports games the girls continued all their sporty activities.  Sofia had swim practice as usual and another swim meet.  Her swim meet happen to fall on Father's day so Jason got to celebrate Father's Day a day early with the Paw Sox game.  Ali continues loving gymnastics and is constantly getting better.  I lucked out and finally found a gym bar on craig's list and was fast enough to get it.  Of course it meant I have to drive to Connecticut to pick it up but less than half price was worth it!

While the marathon fitness challenge is over for the girls school the kids still wanted to run the Timlin 5K race.  I couldn't run it with them and with Jason's calf strain he couldn't run it either but they decided to run it on their own.  I can't believe my babies are able to run a 5K race by themselves!  They found a friend to stand with in the start line along with Jason and I went about a mile down the course to snap pictures.  The friend was planning on running a slower pace so I was curious if the girls would slow down or if they would stay on their own target.  I'm happy to say that they raced their own race.  They did awesome and beat their time from last year by 3 minutes.
Ali had some lace issues (they kept coming untied even with double knots) and her feet also started to cramp at mile 2.  I guess she was right when she told me her shoes were too small.  Oops!  They did great and had a lot of fun.

Here they are after the finish line all hot and sweaty and proud to have completed it on their own!  My girlfriend was watching the race with her daughter and has inspired her daughter to want to run the race with them next year.  I'm so proud of my babies!!





No comments:

Post a Comment