Friday, October 4, 2013

Tooth Implant

So I thought having the hip surgery wasn't enough so I signed on for a tooth implant!  Just kidding!  I would not have done it if I didn't have to.  My previous bridge which was done by a total hack had decay under one of the crowns and had to come off.  It didn't make sense to do a new bridge so I had the implant done.  It was a much larger process than I had anticipated but the swelling and pain have reduced a lot.  I did wake up this morning with my mouth a bloody mess so I went to the dentist.  The dentist said it was fine but that I have managed to dislodge the clot in my sleep.  Who know....I was just glad it wasn't some horrible problem. I go back in next week to have the stitches taken out.

Now, we are up to date and I will try to post more regularly going forward.

1 comment:

  1. Well, some things have to get worse before they get better. I hope it’s same the case with your tooth. The insertion of an implant is a form of surgery, and like any other operation, you need to treat the wound very gently until it heals completely – that may involve staying still in your sleep. It does take some getting used to, but after a while, you'll get used to it.

    Josh Brockmann @ StarBrite Dental

    ReplyDelete