Thursday, November 10, 2011

Halloween

Due to the freak snow storm trick or treating was put off for a week in our town.  Fortunately the kids had Tuesday off from school and the weather was beautiful so having the delay worked out well.  To be honest though, Jason and I were both done with Halloween.  We kept up appearances though for the kids.  I was a little worried about how trick or treating was going to go since I knew some people/neighborhoods went trick or treating on Halloween even though the fire chief said not to.  I wanted the girls to have the full experience of Halloween with lots of kids on the street and loads of candy in their bag.  We decided to head over to my friend Margaret's neighborhood since I knew their neighborhood had not done any trick or treating on Halloween.  I gave her a call and we headed to her house for pizza with about seven other families.  The kids had a blast.  Jason finally got to meet some of my friends and was able to meet all the husbands as well.  We had pizza and drinks and then headed out for trick or treating.  I stayed for the first few houses on the street but when we looped back past Margaret's house, Margaret and I headed back inside with all the women and let the Dad's take the kids trick or treating.  It was great all around.  Jason got guy time, kids got kid time and I got girl time.  After filling their bags the kids game back and headed into the basement to play while the Dad's headed to the basement to watch hockey.  We didn't end up coming home until around 10pm.  The kids were exhausted but it was definitely a great introduction to Halloween American style.

No comments:

Post a Comment