Thursday, November 10, 2011

Swimming

This week Sofia started with the Raiders Prep Clinic which is the group that is getting ready to move onto the swim team.  Technically it is a step backwards for her but she doesn't seem to notice and had a great time on Tuesday. It is a much bigger group than she is used to and a lot more kids her age.  I think all the change to the new team makes the fit fine for her.  She is still swimming laps and building endurance.  I'm not in any rush for her to move up to the actual swim team either since this current schedule works well for us.

With Sofia's increasing ability and endurance with swimming I decided it was time to get myself in the pool.  I want to be able to keep up with my seven year old!  I know that if she keeps swimming she will at some point surpass my abilities but I want to keep that as far away as possible. :)  I get the added bonus of some good exercise and hopefully I will do my first triathlon next summer.  I'm already swimming 1/4 mile (18 lengths of the pool) without stopping.  I just need to be able to do it faster and without as much effort.It is fun getting in the pool but since it only takes 15 minutes to swim 1/4 mile I'm not in the pool for that long.  It will be nice going a longer distance so I feel like I have spent some good time in the pool to make the changing/showering time worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment